Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 1 - My First Visit to Banyan Tree Bintan!

Phew! I’ve finally arrived on the shores of the Bintan Ferry Terminal. Did you know? Banyan Tree guests have VIP express customs clearance, which made clearing customs and immigration a breeze!

Nestled above a secluded bay in the north-western tip of Bintan Island, Indonesia, Banyan Tree resort is the epitome of luxurious living, offering an exclusive villa lifestyle amidst natural surroundings.

After an affectionate greeting by the Front Office team, I was warmly received by the associates from the Banyan Tree Conservation Lab led by Mr. Henry Ali Singer, and checked into my gorgeous 2-bedroom Pool Villa by the Villa Manager.


As it was dusk and I was bushed after the long swim, I decided to order the In-Villa BBQ and treat myself to a sumptuous meal that wasn’t made up of the usual seaweed that is part of my natural diet.

Two efficient, friendly Banyan Tree waiters were in my villa within half an hour, armed with
fried rice, potatoes, beef, fish, lobster, and huge prawns. Amidst swaying palm trees and the gentle sound of waves, I had the most delicious, relaxing dinner. This sure beats seaweed!


After dinner and a glorious hour of floating around in my pool, I went to sleep in my lush bedroom, looking excitedly forward to the next day, as I will spend the day with guys from the Conservation Lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment